Tulip with Fresh Pastry Cream and Red Fruit
- 10 Pidy tulips
- 1l of milk
- 180g sugar
- 40g corn starch
- 30g flour
- 1 vanilla pod
- 250g red fruit
- Warm the milk in a high pan until just before boiling. Do this on a low heat so the milk does not boil over.
- Cut the vanilla pod lengthwise and scrape out the seeds with a knife tip. Add the seeds and pod to the milk.
- Separate the eggs and put the yolks in a mixing bowl (keep some of the egg whites separate. You will need this later to make the sugar glaze).
- Beat the egg yolks and add the sugar. Keep mixing until you get a pale, airy mass.
- Now add the flour and corn starch and beat well to loosen everything.
- Pour a small amount of the warm vanilla milk into the batter.
- Mix in the milk.
- Pour the egg batter into the pan with milk. Now the pudding should thicken on a gentle heat. Keep stirring. As soon as the first bubbles come to the surface, your pudding should be the desired thickness.
- Remove the vanilla pod and pour the warm pudding into a large bowl.
- Fill the tulip using a piping bag and decorate with some red fruit.
Discover more from Pidy...
Here’s a few ideas to get you started - you will find the products themselves inspire you to create plenty more.
The latest news from Pidy, find out about our new shapes, fresh flavours and exciting developments.
If you want to find specific products to fulfil certain criteria, you can refine your search here.