Shortcrust Tart with Madagascar Custard and Pineapple
This blissful Madagascar vanilla custard makes the perfect filling for your Pidy tartlets this Summer. Simple but oh so delicious, enjoy this paradise recipe!
Pidy shortcrust tart 22cm
1 Madagascar vanilla pod
60g egg yolks
1 gelatin leaf
- Cut the pineapple into large cubes, melt a bit of butter and flambé with rum.
- Heat the milk together with the vanilla and let it infuse for 15 minutes.
- Mix the egg yolks with the sugar and cornstarch until you obtain a creamy mixture. Then add the milk and bring to the boil, keep whisking.
- Spread the mixture over the pie crust and top with the pineapple pieces.
- Finish with some icing sugar.
Discover more from Pidy...
Here’s a few ideas to get you started - you will find the products themselves inspire you to create plenty more.
The latest news from Pidy, find out about our new shapes, fresh flavours and exciting developments.
If you want to find specific products to fulfil certain criteria, you can refine your search here.
Want to discover more about the Pidy range?
Download our brochure for our full product ranges, product information and recipes.PIDY CATALOGUE 2023