Quiche with Seasonal Vegetables and Duck Breast Fillet
2 Pidy Quiches 11cm
2 duck fillets
Pepper and salt
½ liter of veal stock
2 tablespoons of Liège syrup
250 gr of sprouts
Seasonal vegetables (eg sweet potato, red cabbage, …)
1/3 l milk
1/3 l cream
1/3 l chicken stock
- Color the duck fillets and sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides.
- Remove the meat from the pan and deglaze with the balsamic vinegar.
- Add two tablespoons of Liège syrup and also pour in the veal stock.
- Allow to reduce and finish with some butter (monter au beurre). Pass the sauce through a pointed sieve
- Peel the parsnips and cut into pieces.
- Put the pieces in a bowl and add 1/3 l milk, 1/3 l cream and 1/3 l chicken stock until the parsnips are submerged.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Use 1/3 of the juice and mix with the parsnips.
- Add some butter, salt and pepper.
Tip: make soup with the rest of the gravy.
Brussels sprouts + seasonal vegetables
- Bring water to a boil and prepare a large pot or bowl of ice water.
- Pour the Brussels sprouts into the boiling water and blanch them for 2-4 minutes.
- Immerse the Brussels sprouts in the ice water to keep them crunchy and keep their fresh green color.
- Fry the vegetables briefly in butter. Sprinkle with some coarse salt.
- In terms of seasonal vegetables, we opted for some red cabbage and sweet potato.
- Bake two Pidy quiches for five minutes in a preheated oven at 170 degrees.
- Take the quiches out of the oven, fill them with parsnip mousseline and garnish with the vegetables.
Cut the duck fillets into strips, place on a plate and pour some warm sauce over it.
Discover more from Pidy...
Here’s a few ideas to get you started - you will find the products themselves inspire you to create plenty more.
The latest news from Pidy, find out about our new shapes, fresh flavours and exciting developments.
If you want to find specific products to fulfil certain criteria, you can refine your search here.