Quiche with Mango Chutney & Pan-Fried Goose Liver
For those who want something more special on the menu, we suggest you to try this recipe, pan-fried goose liver and quiche with mango chutney. A winner on special occasions!
4 Pidy Quiches 11cm
1kg of ripe mango
350g brown sugar
25cl cider vinegar
3 cloves of garlic
50g dried raisins
4 slices of goose liver (1.5 cm thick)
- Peel the mangoes and cut into pieces.
- Crush the garlic, peel the ginger root and grate finely.
- Take a saucepan and let the mango simmer gently for 35 minutes, along with the cider vinegar and brown sugar.
- Add the garlic and ginger and season with some salt and pepper.
- (As an extra you can also add some Tabasco).
- Mix regularly while simmering for 35 minutes.
- Add the dried raisins and let it cook for 15 minutes.
- Finish with a large tablespoon of honey.
Pan-fried goose liver
- Fry the goose liver slices very briefly over high heat.
- Place the goose liver together with the quiches for 5 minutes in a preheated oven at 170 degrees.
- Take the quiches out of the oven, fill them with the mango chutney and place the foie gras slices on top.
- Sprinkle some coarse salt on the foie gras and finish with some purslane and popcorn shoots.
Discover more from Pidy...
Here’s a few ideas to get you started - you will find the products themselves inspire you to create plenty more.
The latest news from Pidy, find out about our new shapes, fresh flavours and exciting developments.
If you want to find specific products to fulfil certain criteria, you can refine your search here.