Puff Pastry with Pastry Cream, Baked Apples and Biscoff
A real sweet tooth? Then this delicious dessert is definitely something for you! Do try it out yourself.
4 Pidy puff pastry shells
2 Jonagold apples
Knob of butter
2 teaspoons of honey
Pastry cream with Biscoff
1 liter of milk
1 vanilla pod
12 egg yolks
50g pudding powder
30g of brown sugar
100ml of cream
- Take a Jonagold apple, remove the core and cut into 8 parts.
- Melt a knob of real butter in a pan and fry the wedges for 5 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, add a teaspoon of honey and stir.
Pastry cream with biscoff
- Make a ruban from the egg yolks and sugar.
- Add the pudding powder.
- Bring the milk to the boil and add the cream, speculaas and vanilla.
- Add the two mixtures together and return to the heat.
- Let it reduce to a thick porridge.Add the gelatin.Let it cool and add the butter.
- Pour your pastry cream in a separate bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
- Finally, bake your puff pastry pie until crispy in a preheated oven at 170°C for 7 minutes.
- Then fill with pastry cream and the baked apples. Finish with a scoop of ice cream.
Finally, bake your puff pastry in a preheated oven for 7 minutes until crispy. Fill with pastry cream and the baked apples and finish with a scoop of Amaretto ice cream.
Discover more from Pidy...
Here’s a few ideas to get you started - you will find the products themselves inspire you to create plenty more.
The latest news from Pidy, find out about our new shapes, fresh flavours and exciting developments.
If you want to find specific products to fulfil certain criteria, you can refine your search here.