Puff Pastry with Pastry Cream, Baked Apples and Biscoff
A real sweet tooth? Then this delicious dessert is definitely something for you! Do try it out yourself.
4 Pidy puff pastry shells
2 Jonagold apples
Knob of butter
2 teaspoons of honey
Pastry cream with Biscoff
1 liter of milk
1 vanilla pod
12 egg yolks
50g pudding powder
30g of brown sugar
100ml of cream
100 gr butter
- Take a Jonagold apple, remove the core and cut into 8 parts.
- Melt a knob of real butter in a pan and fry the wedges for 5 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, add a teaspoon of honey and stir.
Pastry cream with biscoff
- Make a ruban with 12 egg yolks and 400 grams of icing sugar.
- Add 100 grams of sifted flour.
- Bring 1 liter of milk to the boil and add 100 grams of Biscoff.
- Combine the two mixtures and return to the heat.
- Keep stirring well to boiling point.
- Pour your pastry cream into a separate bowl and cover immediately with cling film to avoid crusting.
Amaretto ice cream
- Beat 12 egg yolks together with 350 grams of sugar into a ruban.
- Bring 1 liter of milk to the boil and add your ruban.
- Heat while stirring constantly and add ½ liter of cream and 10 dl Amaretto.
- Let the brew cool and freeze.
Finally, bake your puff pastry in a preheated oven for 7 minutes until crispy. Fill with pastry cream and the baked apples and finish with a scoop of Amaretto ice cream. Tasty!
Discover more from Pidy...
Here’s a few ideas to get you started - you will find the products themselves inspire you to create plenty more.
The latest news from Pidy, find out about our new shapes, fresh flavours and exciting developments.
If you want to find specific products to fulfil certain criteria, you can refine your search here.