Puff Pastry with Lobster and Truffle
Celebrating something? For those who like it a bit more luxurious, this truffle-finished lobster is an absolute winner! Add some stewed mushrooms and a nice sauce and spoil your taste buds with this delicacy.
2 Pidy star shaped puff pastry shells
1 lobster (about 500 grams)
2 big carrots
3 stalks of celery
2 sprigs of thyme
½ bunch of parsley
2 bay leaves
½ tbsp of ginger
½ stalk of lemongrass
1.5 l of water
Mushroom mixture (400 grams)
Salt & pepper
- Wash all vegetables thoroughly and chop coarsely.
- Put the vegetables in a pot of boiling water together with your fresh herbs and let your stock simmer for ½ hour.
- Add the lobster to your boiling stock, turn off the heat and let the lobster rest in it for 1 hour.
- Dissect the lobster and cut into pieces.
- Stew the mushrooms in some butter.
- Warm the lobster bisque over low heat and add a knob of butter.
- Add the pieces of lobster to your sauce and let it heat for a little while longer.
- Place the puffy pastry shells in a preheated oven for 7 minutes at 170°C/338°F
- Spoon some of the stewed mushrooms onto a plate and place the oven baked puff pastry shell on top.
- Fill the pastry with the lobster, pour some sauce over it and then finish with some truffle flakes.
Discover more from Pidy...
Here’s a few ideas to get you started - you will find the products themselves inspire you to create plenty more.
The latest news from Pidy, find out about our new shapes, fresh flavours and exciting developments.
If you want to find specific products to fulfil certain criteria, you can refine your search here.