Madeleine Cake with Lemon Cream
- 150g cream
- 70g sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3g gelatin
- Tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp glucose syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp milk (or more to get desired consistency)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cups confectioners sugar (powdered sugar)
For the Lemon Cream
- Hydrate the gelatin in cold water.
- Heat the cream. Mix the egg yolks, lemon juice and sugar and add the hot cream to the mixture.
- The mixture will thicken whilst stirring.
- Remove from the heat and add the gelatin, which has been softened and squeezed dry. Mix well. Pour the creamy mixture over the first biscuit, then add the second biscuit and repeat. Place in the freezer.
- Let it cool in the fridge for several hours.
- Pour the creamy mixture on the sponge sheet followed by the second sheet and repeat.
For the mirror icing glaze
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, add the butter, corn syrup, vanilla, milk, and salt. Set microwave for 15 seconds, stir, and microwave another 10 seconds, if needed, to melt butter, and stir to combine.
- Stir in the confectioners sugar until dissolved. Add more milk if too thick. Add more powdered sugar if too thin.
Discover more from Pidy...
Here’s a few ideas to get you started - you will find the products themselves inspire you to create plenty more.
The latest news from Pidy, find out about our new shapes, fresh flavours and exciting developments.
If you want to find specific products to fulfil certain criteria, you can refine your search here.