Fig & Pistachio Shortcrust Tartlet
Delicious pistachio cream and sweet fig marmalade finished with fresh fig and mint.
- 6 Pidy Trendy Rectangle shortcrust shells
- Fig marmalade
- Fresh figs (sliced)
- Crumbled pistachio nuts
- Edible glue (or a suitable alternative)
- 50g pistachio paste
- 2 eggs
- 65g cream
- 95g sugar
- 40g white chocolate
- 2g gelatin
- 65g + 120g mascarpone
- Juice of 1/2 lime
To make the pistachio cream:
- Boil the sugar and cream in a pan
- Pour 1/3 of the mixture on the eggs while stirring
- When the egg is fully incorporated pour the mixture back into the pan
- Heat until the mixture reaches 85 °C whilst stirring frequently
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the gelatin, lime juice, chocolate, pistachio paste and 65g of the mascarpone
- Stir well and then pour the mixture into a bowl
- Leave to cool down to around 30 °C
- Add the remaining 120g of mascarpone slowly whilst mixing with a hand mixer or beater until smooth
- Put the finished pistachio cream into the fridge to stiffen
To create the fig and pistachio shortcrust tartlet:
- Brush the edge of the shortcrust shell with edible glue and decorate with the crumbled pistachio nuts
- Pipe a layer of pistachio cream into the shortcrust shell
- Fill the remaining shell with fig marmalade
- Place slices of fresh fig on top and finish by piping dots of pistachio cream
Discover more from Pidy...
Here’s a few ideas to get you started - you will find the products themselves inspire you to create plenty more.
The latest news from Pidy, find out about our new shapes, fresh flavours and exciting developments.
If you want to find specific products to fulfil certain criteria, you can refine your search here.