Éclair with Raspberry Curd
Our French made choux pastry goes perfectly with all kinds of fillings, with vanilla custard, coffee pastry cream or this delicious raspberry curd!
6 Pidy éclairs 13cm or 16cm
1 gelatin sheet
300g frozen raspberries, defrosted
3 large egg whites
40g unsalted butter, soft
250g white chocolate
10ml natural raspberry extract
10g unsalted butter
3 drops red food colouring
Golden chocolate crumble
- Pour gelatin in a small container and add water; set aside.
- Puree raspberries in a blender. Strain to remove seeds.
- Pour raspberry puree in a saucepan. Add egg whites, lemon juice and sugar.
- Whisk raspberry mixture for 1 minute. Place over heat and whisk vigorously to 82°C/ 180°F or until mixture develops bubbles on side of pan.
- Remove from heat and add gelatin mixture. Whisk to combine.
- Allow to cool to 48°C/ 120°F. Add butter and stir using a spatula.
- Pour in a dish and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Combine cream and raspberry extract and bring to a boil.
- Melt white chocolate, remove from heat.
- Add cream mixture and butter.
- Add food colouring, blend until smooth.
- Insert 2 – 3 holes in the bottom of each éclair.
- Fill the éclairs with the raspberry curd.
- Dip the top side of each éclair in the glaze and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Decorate with some golden chocolate crumble or raspberry meringue crumble .
Discover more from Pidy...
Here’s a few ideas to get you started - you will find the products themselves inspire you to create plenty more.
The latest news from Pidy, find out about our new shapes, fresh flavours and exciting developments.
If you want to find specific products to fulfil certain criteria, you can refine your search here.