Puff Pastry Shell Chicken Tagine
A rich, zesty chicken tajine served in a rustic puff pastry shell.
- 4 Vol au Vent Gourmet
- 4 tbsp dried oregano
- 3 tsp seasoning salt
- 2 tsp pureed garlic
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 lemon (sliced)
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup pitted prunes
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- Chopped fresh parsley or coriander to garnish
- Mix together garlic, oregano, pepper and salt
- Rub the mixture onto the chicken breasts, coating on all sides
- Cover the chicken with lemon slices
- Pour over the stock and drizzle with olive oil
- Cover and cook on a how heat for 45 minutes
- Take out of the oven and sprinkle over raisins, prunes and olives
- Cover again and cook for a further 45 minutes on low heat
- Reheat the Vol au Vent Gourmet for 6-8 minutes at 170°C
- Slice the chicken and fill the Vol au Vent with the mixture, layering chicken and the olive topping
- Garnish with parsley or coriander to serve
Discover more from Pidy...
Here’s a few ideas to get you started - you will find the products themselves inspire you to create plenty more.
The latest news from Pidy, find out about our new shapes, fresh flavours and exciting developments.
If you want to find specific products to fulfil certain criteria, you can refine your search here.