Shortcrust Tart with Raspberries and Vanilla Custard
Our shortcrust tartlets made with real butter go perfectly with vanilla custard. It’s the perfect marriage! We added to this this recipe some fresh raspberries and pistachio crumble and look what a nice result?!
12 Pidy shortcrust tartlets 9cm or 11cm
500g fresh raspberries
180 g sugar
1 vanilla pod
- Warm the milk over a low heat.
- Add the vanilla seeds and pod.
- Beat the egg yolks and add the sugar until you get a ruban.
- Add the flour and cornstarch and beat everything well.
- Pour the egg mixture into the milk and let the pudding thicken over a low heat. Stir regularly until air bubbles appear.
- Pour the pudding into a bowl and cover with a sheet of cling film.
- Place in the fridge and let it cool for about 30 minutes.
- Fill the tarts with the custard.
- Chop the pistachios into small pieces and sprinkle over the tartlets.
Discover more from Pidy...
Here’s a few ideas to get you started - you will find the products themselves inspire you to create plenty more.
The latest news from Pidy, find out about our new shapes, fresh flavours and exciting developments.
If you want to find specific products to fulfil certain criteria, you can refine your search here.
Want to discover more about the Pidy range?
Download our brochure for our full product ranges, product information and recipes.PIDY CATALOGUE 2023